Preparing to Reopen
Many businesses, particularly smaller concerns, are still in the pre-occupancy phase of the recovery effort. Organizations preparing to resume operations and have their employees return-to-work are seeking guidance on planning and on where and how to acquire PPE supplies.
Before reopening, employers might take some time to educate employees on new guidelines:
- Identify at-risk individuals and provide additional resources to make the return-to-work experience safe and orderly.
- Shift to remote work – consider encouraging staff to work remotely when possible
- Focus on core business activities and essential functions
- Some businesses are limiting the number of people inside their facilities by seeing customers only by appointment, no walk-ins.
- Consider a COVID-19 screening app that requires employees and visitors to answer key questions confirming no symptoms, proximity to those with COVID-19 or travel to virus hotspots.
- For those that must be on site and especially those customer facing, ensure availability of PPEs
Ready to begin?
PPE supplies are in high demand and supplies of certain items can be extremely limited. Frequently emergency requests will override existing orders. Healthcare and essential worker requirements are often prioritized.
Review PPE and supply availability and request a quote based on current pricing.
For most employers, protecting workers requires emphasis on basic infection prevention. Employers should implement good hygiene and infection control practices:
- Promote frequent and hand washing. If soap and running water are not immediately available, provide alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Encourage respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Provide an adequate supply of PPEs and cleaning products
SRI – Trusted in Uncertain Times
In addition to SRI’s small business Reopening Kits and support packages, the company has served clients both public and private, with a number of security, energy and related product offerings. SRI, a trusted government solutions provider, that helps federal and state governments build and improve facilities and infrastructure, and provides training for personnel on a variety of mission-critical activities. Over the last several years, local, county, state, and federal government clients have been provided access to G4Pro, SRI’s dynamic and easy to use e-procurement engine. As the company builds for the future, new product offerings focused on emerging technology will become available to clients seeking innovative tools and systems. Learn more about SRI.